Chicken Fried Brown Rice
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 5 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ¾ – inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil (or peanut oil)
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Sesame oil, soy sauce, hot sauce and garlic salt (optional)
1. Cook rice according to package directions: set aside.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Cook eggs, stirring until scrambled. Remove eggs from pan; wipe pan.
3. In a medium bowl, toss together remaining 3 tablespoons oil, chicken and ½ teaspoon garlic salt. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, approximately 4 minutes.
4. Add sesame oil, cooked rice and peas to skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Gently stir in eggs, carrot, green onion, soy sauce and remaining ½ teaspoon garlic salt. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve with sesame oil, soy sauce, hot sauce and garlic salt, if desired.
What We Offer
The USB Difference
“Large enough to serve you, yet small enough to know you.” We’re a modern bank with a hometown heart, locally owned and specializing in the financial needs of individuals and businesses in small communities.