Slow-Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
Yield: approximately 6 servings
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ¾ -ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- ¾ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 (1.5-pound) package frozen dumplings, broken into 3 pieces each
1. In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine broth, soups, poultry seasoning, salt, onion powder and pepper; stir well. Stir in all chicken and carrot. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
2. Add frozen dumpling pieces, one at a time, to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high, stirring twice, until dumplings are tender, approximately 1½ hours. Sprinkle with additional pepper, if desired.
What We Offer
The USB Difference
“Large enough to serve you, yet small enough to know you.” We’re a modern bank with a hometown heart, locally owned and specializing in the financial needs of individuals and businesses in small communities.