USB Staff Spotlight: Delphene Martin
Position with United Southern Bank: Customer Service Representative
USB Branch: Elkton
Thanks for checking out United Southern Bank’s #TBT series! At USB, we know we have the best team, not only in Southern KY, but in the world! We love celebrating our banking family in fun ways and we’re excited to share some interesting facts with you. Keep checking back to learn more about our awesome team here at United Southern Bank!
1. My favorite color: Anything Spring like, unless you can count Chocolate as a color.
2. My favorite sweet treat: Chocolate … any form! Preferably, peanut M&Ms
3. A little known, FUN fact about me: I took a small chunk of drywall out of my bedroom wall when I killed a lizard. I lived in NY for 10 years and I’ve taught Bible School for XX years.
4. Cause or charity near and dear to my heart: Hospice, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
5. Hobbies: Gardening, but that is almost out of need/want also. Sewing and cross stitch. I used to do cross stitch more often but fell out of practice. My enjoyment was re-realized recently when I made a Christmas stocking for my Great-Granddaughter.
6. My dream travel destination: It used to be Hawaii, but now, I think I can go just about anywhere as long as my family is with me and we can make some memories!
7. My favorite meal: meatloaf, green peas and mashed potatoes
8. If I could have any super power: I HAD it, I’m Wonder Woman … ! once moved an entire shed with a single hand. Just ask my kids!
9. What I wanted to be when I grew up: A wife, a mom, a grandmother,. I never thought about being a great-grandmother, but God has taken care of that also.
10. I think people should bank with USB: One of our customers recently told me, “I don’t feel you should bank with USB. I feel you should bank with friendly, honest, trustworthy people that you can count on. It just so happens that those are the sort of people that USB employs”. I just happen to agree with him.
11. Little known fact about USB that everyone should know: There are a lot of wonderful employees working “behind the scenes” to accomplish day to day activities.
United Southern Bank is blessed with truly devoted board members striving to keep USB a great financial institution. One of USB board members once told me, “God first, family second and work third”. This will make us strive to be great in all three.
We appreciate our employees here at United Southern Bank. Come visit your favorite Customer Service Representative at the Elkton Branch in Elkton, KY. As always, you can also contact us at (270) 885-0056 or (888) 872-0015 (Toll-free) or visit USB 24-7 online.