Have questions about your United Southern Bank account or any of our services? USB has the answers. Don’t see what you are looking for? Call us at 270-885-0056 to speak to a Customer Service Representative.
Personal Checking Account Basics
Why should I open a checking account?
- Checking accounts are a convenient way to protect and access your money. Checking accounts allow your paychecks to be direct deposited into your account, allows you to pay bills online, and track your spending.
Is the money in my checking account insured?
- The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) covers all depositors up to $250,00.
For more information about FDIC Insurance, go to www.fdic.gov/deposit/deposits/index.html or call toll-free 1-877-ASK-FDIC (1-877-275-3342). For the hearing-impaired, the number is 1-800-925-4618.
What should I look for in a checking account so I can choose the right one?
How does a debit card work with my checking account?
- Instead of writing a check or carrying cash, use your United Southern Bank Visa Debit Card- accepted at millions of retailers worldwide. Debit cards are linked directly to your checking account. When you make a purchase using your debit card, the funds are immediately deducted from your account.
How is a debit card different than a credit card?
- A credit card allows a cardholder to borrow funds in order to puchase goods and services. A credit card is right for you if you are planning for a large purchase that you want to pay off over time, are interested in maximizing cash back, earning rewards, or building your credit history.
- A debit card is linked directly to your checking account and charges are paid directly out of your checking account.
- To see what credit cards options are available through USB click : Consumer Credit Cards
- To learn more about USB VISA Debit Cards click: Debit Cards
How do I check my account balance and recent activity?
- Download the Snap!App Mobile App on any smartphone
- Log in to Online Banking at usbky.com
- Call us at 270-885-0056 or 1-888-872-0015 during normal business hours
- Call our automated line USB24 at 1-800-872-0024
- Visit any of our branches. Find one closest to you here
How do I order checks for my personal checking account?
Where is the routing number located on my check?
- The routing number is located in the lower left-hand corner of your check
- The routing number for United Southern Bank is 083903580.
How can I add a signer to my checking account?
- Visit any branch near you. The additional signer must bring a valid photo ID.
When will my funds be available after I make a deposit?
- Funds are available that business day if made before 3:00 PM. After 3:00 PM funds will be processed on the next business day. Hours may vary based on emergencies and or holidays
What do I do if my debit card is lost or stolen?
- Report the card lost or stolen immediately
- You can disable your card on our Snap!App Mobile App or call us at 270-885-0056.
- Visit any branch to have a new card printed.
Where do I learn about overdraft fees?
- Overdraft fees are defined in the Limits and Fees Schedule, and the Terms and Conditions overdraft addendum provided at account opening. A copy of these documents will be provided upon request.
Online and Mobile Banking
How do I use my mobile device to manage my checking account?
- You will need to enroll in Online Banking. Use your user ID and password to log in on the website or our Snap!App Mobile App.
- You can use the mobile app to
- View account balances
- Move money between accounts
- Activate or deactivate your card on lost or stolen cards
- Deposit checks to your accounts simply by taking a photo of your check
- Capture pictures of receipts & attach them to debit charges
- Utilize quick pay to exterior accounts
- Use bill pay
How do I sign up for email and text alerts?
- There is a field on the app under “Manage Alerts” that can be adjusted for personal preferences on notifications.
What if I lock myself out of my account?
- Give us a call at 270-885-0056 during banking hours. We will unlock your account immediately.
- Navigate back to the homepage of United Southern Bank and select Forgot Username or Forgot Password located in the upper left-hand corner of the screen and follow the prompts. You can reset your password using this feature 24 hours a day
Can I open an account online?
- We do not have the option to open an account online currently. Please visit any United Southern Bank branch to open a new account today.
How do I use the app to turn my card on/off?
- There is an option to manage your card online which has the ability to turn the card on and off. You can also use this feature to update travel notifications.
- Follow these simple instructions on the Snap!App Mobile App!
- Select Menu
- Select Manage Cards
- Select the card you would like to turn off
What is Bill Pay?
- Online Bill Pay allows you to pay virtually anyone or any company through your online banking account. Sending money electronically is faster, more convenient, and more secure than sending a check.
Is there a charge to use bill pay?
- Online Bill Pay is a free service