USB is proud to offer HSAs that benefit you and your family. Keep reading to learn more about what an HSA can do for you!
What is an HSA? An HSA is a tax advantaged medical savings account that is owned by an individual (as opposed to company owned HRAs).
Why set up an HSA? Funds added to your HSA are not subject to income tax at the time of deposit. HSA funds also roll over from year to year to accumulate if they are not spent. Money in your HSA can be used to pay for qualifying medical expenses.
- HSA balance rolls over each year.
- The account is always yours, even if you change your job or retire!
- Interest earned from investing in an HSA is tax-free!
- Qualifying plans usually have lower premiums.
- Funds added to your HSA are tax-free, federal & state*! (*Exclusions apply for AL, CA, NJ)
- Contributions to your HSA lower your tax liability.
Who is eligible for an HSA? You may qualify for a Health Savings Account if…
- You are not claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return.
- You do not have a full purpose FSA (including those through a spouse.)
- You are only covered by an HSA-qualified health plan. (Other plans like Medicare may disqualify you from establishing an HSA.)
Set up an HSA with USB!
- HSA accounts are checking accounts
- Funds can be dispersed by check or Visa Debit Card
- Low monthly maintenance fee- only $3.00 per month (only $2.00 per month with an e-statement)
- Tiered variable interest rates
Interested in learning more about your own Health Savings Account?
Come see us at one of United Southern Bank’s convenient locations today or call 270-885-0056 to learn more.
Click here to have a representative contact you.